Deadline: 31st August 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 hours per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday|
|Salary:||£DOE – competitive salary|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting for a highly capable, full-time, part qualified accountant to join the expanding finance team.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis, reconciliation and resolution of complex Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable invoices, GRNI, purchase order and sales order queries.
- Assisting with month end process (including recharges, accruals, prepayments, currency revaluation, P&L analysis and commentary, Aged Payables/Receivables reconciliations)
- Preparation of monthly VAT report including Intrastat monthly filing.
- Understanding stock control processes to assist with resolving AP, month end queries and on an ad hoc basis assisting the Cost Accountant with stock logged invoice accruals and investigating AP price variances, average costings.
- Supporting revenue accounting processes – accounting for advanced payments, warranty income; revenue recognition and margin analysis.
- Assisting with preparation month end management reporting for each department (currently 8).
- Epicor ERP system testing as new modules/processes are implemented in the system for both UK company and US subsidiary.
- Reporting directly to the Accountant and providing assistance to the Financial Controller, CFO and others in the department as required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- We would expect the successful candidate to have at least 2 years of experience in an accounting or business environment and be actively studying for ACCA/CIMA or similar qualification.
- Working knowledge of VAT, including Intrastat.
- Ability to explain technical accounting concepts to non-financial stakeholders in a clear, straightforward manner and resolve their queries.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail; a right first-time approach.
- Proficient to advanced Excel & Word.
- Extensive Accounts software experience – Epicor experience preferable (ERP) but Cox can provide training.
- Experience of a busy work environment, managing own time and meeting exacting deadlines.
- Experience gained within a manufacturing and international business would also be desirable.
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry!
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.