Deadline: 31st August 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant – Accounts Payable & Rec|
|Line Manager:||Financial Controller|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and highly capable individual to join the finance team for a full-time role in a busy department. You should be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, thrives in a busy and fast paced environment, be self-motivated with a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities. Task orientated, ensuring processes are followed and completed in an accurate and timely manner and a team player with a can do approach.
2.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payables, sales invoices and credit notes in various currencies
- Process cash receipts and payments
- Ensure invoice and expense requests are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Process employee expenses and credit cards using Concur/SAP, as well as manual submissions.
- Investigate and resolve queries, ensuring issues are followed up in a timely manner
- Preparation of payment batches and uploading of payments for approval, processing in multiple currencies.
- Assisting with bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the timely processing of all accounts payable & receivable transactions in line with our month end closure deadlines and in accordance with the Company’s control procedures – Purchase and Receivables ledgers including payment and credit control, management reports, aged reports, ensuring GRNIs are cleared on a regular basis
- Ensure monthly accounts receivable cash collection targets are met, produce weekly unallocated cash reports ensuring unallocated cash is accounted for and noted
- Ensure adherence to month end deadlines as well as regular reporting of supplier/customer payment status
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Assist the Financial Controller and Accountant, as required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of accounts payable & credit control procedures
- Experience in a multi-currency environment
- Working knowledge of VAT/Customs duties
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Confident and approachable with strong team working skills
- Experience of a busy work environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach with a focus on achieving key deliverables.
- Accounts software packages – Epicor experience preferable but can provide training.
- Excel & word.
- AAT or qualified by experience.
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.