*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Build Technician – Grade A (Entry Level)|
|Line Manager:||Production Team Leader|
|Standard Working Hours:||40 hours|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Salary and Benefits:||£10 per hour, anti-social shift premium, company pension scheme|
We are currently recruiting a Build Technician to join the Production department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea. Over the last 11 years, we have been researching, designing and developing one of the world’s first diesel outboard engines – the CXO300. Having begun production in May 2020, we are now delivering outboards across the globe and demand for the CXO300 is on the rise.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything they do. You will be working closely with a team of highly experienced engineers with backgrounds from the automotive industry and combining this knowledge with the very best technologies from the marine industry.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- The completion of build operations to the required quality standard.
- The completion of build operations within takt time.
- The completion of build operations, maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift.
- Diligently work towards being trained and competent, such that you obtain a complete knowledge of the product and build process.
- The daily completion of TPM and 5S activities.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To maintain a clean and safe working area at all times, both for yourself and the wider team.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace using the workwear provided.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- To promptly notify the Production Team Leader of any part or equipment defects.
- To rotate through multiple workstations and areas, flexibly and on request.
- Support continuous improvement and problem resolution activities if required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- Experience in general assembly work a plus.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials a plus.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus.
- Basic math, reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Back in 2009, Cox Powertrain started its mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines. This ignited the beginning of the CXO300. A high powered, diesel outboard engine.
With experienced engineers from premium automotive combustion backgrounds, Cox took the best from the automotive world and combined it with the very best technologies from the marine industry, to design and build the next chapter in diesel engines.
Thirteen years on, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, in order to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and the demand is only expected to rise.
The high powered 300hp diesel outboard engine is an innovative product offering a new marine propulsion option and is redefining standards within the maritime industry. Delivering the same performance and packaging of a gasoline outboard but with the fuel efficiency and reliability of a diesel inboard, this purposefully built outboard has begun to revolutionise the market.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry