Deadline: 1st March 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant – Accounts Receivables and Payables|
|Line Manager:||Accounts Team Leader|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Enhanced Paternity Pay, Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently expanding our Accounts team and we are recruiting for an experienced and highly capable individual to join the finance team for a full-time role in a busy department. The successful candidate will be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, thrives in a busy and fast paced environment, be self-motivated with a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities. You will also be someone who is task orientated, ensuring processes are followed and completed in an accurate and timely manner and a team player with a can do approach.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process sales invoices, payables and credit notes in various currencies
- Process cash receipts and payments
- Ensure invoice and expense requests are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Process employee expenses and credit cards using Concur/SAP, as well as manual submissions.
- Investigate and resolve queries, ensuring issues are followed up in a timely manner
- Preparation of payment batches and uploading of payments for approval, processing in multiple currencies.
- Assisting with bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the timely processing of all accounts receivable & payable transactions in line with our month end closure deadlines and in accordance with the Company’s control procedures – receivables & purchase ledgers including payment and credit control, management reports, aged reports, ensuring GRNIs are cleared on a regular basis
- Ensure monthly accounts receivable cash collection targets are met, produce weekly unallocated cash reports ensuring unallocated cash is accounted for and noted
- Ensure adherence to month end deadlines as well as regular reporting of supplier/customer payment status
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Assist the Financial Controller and Accountant, as required.
3. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of credit control & accounts payable procedures
- Experience in a multi-currency environment
- Working knowledge of VAT/Customs duties
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Confident and approachable with strong team working skills
- Experience of a busy work environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach with a focus on achieving key deliverables.
- Accounts software packages – Epicor experience preferable but can provide training.
- Excel & word.
- AAT or qualified by experience.
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry