Deadline: 16th December 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Communications and Events Manager|
|Line Manager:||Brand Manager|
|Location:||Shoreham-by-Sea/Hybrid (minimum 2 days offices bound)|
|Working Hours||Monday – Friday, 37 hours a week|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Communications and Events Manager to join the Marketing department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain has been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market-revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 JOB FUNCTION
- Accountable for Cox Marines’s global communications and event strategy, you’ll be a visible face and voice of the brand.
- A pivotal role in the business you’ll amplify success through communications, both internally through staff engagement, and externally with distributors, press and end users.
- Through the support of the wider marketing department and its agencies (inc PR), you’ll work in partnership to build the businesses reputation with media, both locally and internationally, and leverage the opportunities international boat shows offer, to meet with industry influencers and raise the brand’s profile.
- Creating and administering a rolling calendar of content you’ll grow reach and engagement, using online platforms and through the development of brand story telling.
- You’ll brief and manage creative agencies, in the development of an array of mixed format assets, which when targeted correctly, serve to excite, and entertain.
- Understanding the intersection between Communications, PR and Events, you’ll also support the execution of Cox Marines Annual Events Calendar, ensuring it meets and surpasses, agreed objectives and returns a positive ROI back to the business.
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Marketing or business degree, minimum 2:1
- Minimum 6+ years marketing experience
- Last 2+ years spent in a Communications or PR role
- B2B and B2C marketing experience
- Experience of briefing and managing PR agencies
- Experience creating Global Communication Strategies
- Creating and managing internal Communications
- Overseeing corporate communication
- Reporting Communications performance
- Experience drafting and creating content
- Experience interacting with and managing media directly
- Brand Development and Story telling
- Communication Strategy
- Distribution Networks
- Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Content plan creation and management
- Social Media Management
- E-mail marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Lead Management Systems
- Marketing Automation
- Fully competent in Microsoft Applications, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Understanding of procurement & payment processes
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Qualification Level 4+
- SEO & PPC
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry