Deadline: 12th August 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||MQA Team Leader – Grade D|
|Line Manager:||Principal Quality Engineer|
|Salary Range:||£18.70 per hour|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a MQA Team Leader – Grade D (Team Leader Level) to join the Quality department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Line management of the MQA team, supporting HR and recruitment processes.
- Responsible for the shift-output of the MQA team, ensuring the support in production is available to achieve and maintain delivery schedule.
- Unsupervised completion of required checks/inspections to the highest quality standard & comfortably within takt time, giving support as necessary by aligning required MQA resource.
- Support MQA team development/training of Quality Gate updates for ongoing process/product improvements to meet required standards & takt time through Production.
- Expert understanding of the product and PDI-process, with the ability to impart expert knowledge onto other members of the team, with a clear focus on both the internal & end customers.
- Rapid evaluation and disposition of non-conformances, utilising expert knowledge of the product and QC/PDI process, seeking relevant support from other functions when necessary.
- Lead Daily Production MRB meeting & support related disposition actions
- Raise ICA / Coordinate sorting activities related to required containment to protect Production
- To promptly escalate issues to the PQE when unable to resolve independently
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To always maintain a clean and safe working area – for both yourself and the wider team.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace, using the workwear provided.
- Responsible for ensuring the MQA team is punctual and ready for the start of shift.
- Support PQE to coordinate stock take activities when required (Quarantine parts / Inspection)
- Responsible for the MQA team’s daily completion of 5S & Visual Management activities.
- Responsible for training/development of MQA team response in relation to QC/PDI process, MRB process, Epicor (MRP) processing & containment activities.
- Support Daily Tier 3 Production Meeting & other reviews/meetings when requested by (or when agreed in the absence of) the PQE
- Support discussion at the Production (Tier 1 + Tier 2) meetings to ensure MQA containment response, QC/PDI & MRB requirements are discussed/escalated if required
- Working with Manufacturing & Production teams to update the Quality Gate checks in MES
- Responsible for ensuring the MQA team operate safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health & safety and environmental compliance.
- Responsible for daily Production-Quality reporting to the PQE & supporting PQE with management duties (when requested)
3.1 BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker
- Work effectively to complete set tasks as part of a team or independently under own initiative where appropriate – knowing when to seek assistance if required
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done right first time
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents
- 5+ years of experience in general assembly work.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule & work a shift pattern when required
- Excellent reading, computer and communication skills required
- Able to make informed and considered decisions to lead & support team
- Appreciation of logistics storage & handling processes (e.g. FIFO)
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Extensive experience and understanding of best assembly practices
- Able to motivate, influence and encourage others to achieve high standards of work
- 2+ years of experience in a team leadership role
- Lean Sigma Yellow Belt is an advantage
- Experience with a wide variety of hand tools, lift assists and production equipment
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus
- Fork-lift licence for transfer of parts located on warehouse racking
- Training qualification a bonus
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry