Deadline: 4th August 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Quality Technician – MQT|
|Line Manager:||MQT Team Leader|
|Standard Working Hours:||40 hours per week, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Salary Range:||Grade A: £11.00 per hour + 10% anti-social shift premium|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Enhanced Paternity Pay, Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Manufacturing Quality Technician to join the production department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- Completion of required checks/inspections to the highest quality standard & comfortably within takt time.
- Support Production team by maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift when completing checks/inspections & other relevant MQA activities.
3.1 BEHAVIOURAL STANDARDS
- Diligently work towards being fully trained and competent, such that you obtain a complete knowledge of the product and PDI process.
- Identify non-conformance, utilising knowledge of the product and QC/PDI process, seeking relevant support from other functions when necessary.
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- Experience in a similar role a plus.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials a plus.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule & work a shift pattern when required.
- Experience with hand tools, lift assists and other similar equipment a plus.
- Strong reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving abilities a plus.
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry