Deadline: 12th September 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Material Controller|
|Line Manager:||Material Control & Logistics Manager|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Salary Range:||Up to £40k DOE|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Material Controller to join the Logistics department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place orders with Strategic Suppliers and manage delivery schedule.
- Jointly manage a global supply chain consisting of over 60 suppliers.
- Ensure scheduled orders are placed in line with MRP and delivered on time in full.
- Build on existing relationships with the supplier base.
- Communicate any supply or supplier risks to the wider team.
- Work with suppliers to produce recovery plans when required.
- Work with vendors to solve delivery related invoicing issues.
- Reduce inventory costs by analysing supplier performance and risk.
- Visit suppliers when necessary to carry out reviews.
- Provide cover for other team members and manager when required
3.1 PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Goal driven
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally from a manufacturing company.
- Strong understanding of ERP/MRP systems – ideally Epicor, SAP or similar.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience in import and export control
- Understanding of technical drawings
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry