Deadline: 21st January 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Line Manager:||Head of Programme Delivery|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week between 9:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Salary and Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join the Programme Delivery department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 JOB FUNCTION
The role will predominately focus on the day to day management and monitoring of technical activities. The role will support functions across the business with a strong focus on Engineering and Manufacturing elements. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and delivery of task plans to ensure delivery of multi-disciplined activities to time, quality and cost requirements. They will also provide progress reporting to the internal stakeholders
2.2 KEY RESPONSIBILITES
- Development of project plans as well as maintenance of action, opportunity and risk trackers
- Identifying critical path activities and potential programme risks throughout the projects, recommending or seeking mitigation actions where appropriate
- Ensuring that work progressing in relation to the product and facilities are in line with the stakeholder requirements
- Working cohesively with the wider business to ensure decisions are made with the wider implications in mind
- Setting up and leading internal and external discussions as appropriate to support programme deliverables
3.1 BEHAVIOURAL STANDARDS
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience managing technical activities
- Ability to operate with a level of autonomy
- Good understanding of Project Management requirements and techniques
- Demonstrable aptitude in responding to high pressure situations with sensible and rational decision making
- Experience in Microsoft packages, including Project
- Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- APM or Prince qualifications
- Worked on multi-disciplined projects
- Knowledge of processes and techniques used in complex Product assembly and testing
- Working level knowledge of automotive and/or marine technology
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry