Deadline: 30th June 2023
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Sales Planning Manger|
|Line Manager:||Head of Commercial Operations|
|Location:||Shoreham-by-Sea, hybrid working|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Planning Manager to join the Commercial Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity that will generate promising career prospects for the right candidate.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
A pivotal role in the organisation, you will be responsible for managing detailed analysis and reporting on sales, prevailing trends and activities in the global marine sector, researching and reporting on the competitive environment, developing sales opportunity plans requiring hands-on involvement with pricing and margin proposals, and monitoring cash receipts from the global distribution network.
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and manage the monthly cycle of sales planning and reporting processes. This requires consolidation and development of insight into month-to-date and year-to-date commercial performance, and creation of short and long-term forecasts.
- Cross functional planning with Production, Regional Sales and Finance teams using the COX Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) business management processes and framework.
- Consolidate data from multiple sources to build an holistic overview of performance, specifically combining sales performance with aftersales and financial metrics for each Cox distributor.
- Own and manage the monthly cycle of global sales reporting on performance versus KPIs.
- Report on market share performance across competitive sectors and sub-sectors.
- Conduct ad hoc analytical studies to support tactical operational planning and delivery.
- Provide sales planning and reporting support to the Regional Sales teams, as well as owning and managing global sales targets and scorecards.
- Prepare and maintain the long-term Business Plan and coordinate the annual Budget Planning process for the Commercial function.
- Prepare reports for Board and Investor meetings.
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified, ideally in maths or science-based subject.
- Have outstanding Excel and advanced PowerPoint skills.
- Possess excellent data management skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sales and wider business KPIs and processes.
- Have well-developed business and market analysis skills, and a thorough understanding of financial indicators.
- Be comfortable managing, building, and developing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met.
- Thrive on new challenges and be a natural problem solver.
- Be comfortable with, and have experience, presenting analytical data to various stakeholders.
- Understand what it takes to provide excellent customer service.
- Be naturally action-oriented, structured, well-organized and be comfortable with multitasking.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be motivated by achieving and exceeding targets.
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry