Deadline: 11th December 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Strategic Buyer|
|Line Manager:||Purchasing Manager|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Enhanced Paternity Pay, Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Strategic Buyer to join the Procurement department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for a supplier spend in excess of around £14 million and be expected to identify year on year cost reduction opportunities through negotiation and re-sourcing projects.
- To identify suppliers, negotiate and place all project purchase orders aligned to the long-term vision of the business.
- Supplier contract drafting, negotiation and implementation.
- To be the escalation point for any commercial related activities for supplier base, aligning with the materials control team to ensure day-to-day continuity of supply is achieved.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual business reviews based on strategic importance of the relationship to the business.
- Supporting NPI projects from development stage to serialised production.
- Work with SQA to manage the supplier selection process that best suits the business requirements, considering cost, quality and delivery.
- Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts.
- Issue out NDA’s and maintain the NDA register.
- Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
3.1 BEHAVIOURAL STANDARDS
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals. Acts with respect and a high level of integrity.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a senior purchasing role.
- Experience of materials and manufacturing in a niche assembly sector.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with Senior Management, advising at all levels as required.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with experience in drafting and negotiating contracts and / or long-term supplier agreements.
- Demonstrable aptitude in responding to high pressure situations with sensible and rational decision making.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Cross-functional business team environment experience.
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget.
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationships internally & externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in Microsoft packages, including Excel.
- Reliable and flexible in their approach.
- Ability to Travel – mainly UK & Europe.
- BA/BSc degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent.
- MCIPS qualification or working towards.
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP.
- Epicor ERP system experience.
- Teamcenter / CAD software experience.
- Working level knowledge of marine and/or automotive technologies and/or markets.
Why Cox Powertrain?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry