Deadline: 26th January 2022
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Line Manager:||Lead Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum, plus bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer to join the Quality department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded company. It has taken a clean sheet approach to developing a marine diesel outboard product which is the first of its kind. The CXO300 programme combines innovation with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies, unlocking new levels of power density which have historically limited uptake of diesel-powered outboards in the industry.
2.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
- Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
- Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
- Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
- Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
- Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
- Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
- Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
- Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Acting as Supplier Development Engineer when required, by supporting supplier improvement activities.
- Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
- Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
4.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
- Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
- IATF 16949:2016 qualification.
- Knowledge of OHSAS18001 / ISO45001.
- Knowledge of ISO14001.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Lead assessor qualification.
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4 litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW). Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.