*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Deputy and Chief Engineer|
|Line Manager:||Head of Engineering|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week between 9:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Holiday:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Deputy and Chief Engineer to join the Engineering team at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea. Over the last 11 years, we have been researching, designing, and developing one of the world’s first diesel outboard engines – the CXO300. Having begun production in May 2020, we are now delivering outboards across the globe, and demand for the CXO300 is on the rise.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything they do. You will be working closely with a team of highly experienced engineers with backgrounds from the automotive industry and combining this knowledge with the very best technologies from the marine industry.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical delivery of new products from concept through to volume production, adhering to time and cost constraints
- Assessment of warranty returns and working closely with the aftersales team to monitor in-field performance of the product
- Ensuring lessons learned through warranty analysis are included in future model year programs
- Leading, mentoring, and developing the Company’s engineering team
- Working closely with the heads of Quality and Procurement to ensure the Company’s products can achieve the highest standards of quality, reliability, and durability
- Working closely with the Head of R&D and IP to turn innovation into new technical programs
- Supporting external presentations of the Company, its products, and technologies
- Participating as a fully engaged member of the engineering senior leadership team
- Chairing and managing product changes
- Technical risk assessment (design, concessions, changes)
- Setting standards guidance and approval of technical specifications and documents
- Chairing design and drawing reviews
3.1 BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to work to get the job done rather than working to the clock
- Maintain an enthusiastic, positive, calm, and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to achieve technical excellence, believing in ‘good enough, is not good enough.
- Commitment to the achievement of the company’s long-term business objectives
4.0 EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Successful candidates are expected to currently hold the position of senior / lead engineer or higher
- Typically expect 15-20 years of experience with internal combustion engines or other complex mechanical systems
- Applicant wishes to continue using acquired skill set and join the team driving down marine CO2 emissions through development of the V8 Cox diesel outboard
- Successful candidate will have a proven track record of technical delivery of complex, multi-discipline projects within a production environment
- Experience of internal combustion engines or complex mechanical systems is essential
- Candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation, from briefing the board on technical issues, to coaching junior engineers and explaining assembly requirements to production line staff
- Marine application experience
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry!
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4 litre that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW). Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.