Deadline: 31st July 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Cost Accountant (Manufacturing)|
|Line Manager:||CFO – dotted line to Operations Director|
|Salary:||DOE – competitive salary|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum, plus bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
2.0 RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
We are currently recruiting for a highly capable individual to join the finance team for a full-time role in a busy and growing company. You should be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, be self-motivated with a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities. A team player.
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reporting of actual financial results for the operations department which includes operations, manufacturing, procurement, logistics and facilities
- Financial control of all aspects of stock including provisioning and average costings
- Financial control of all fixed assets in the manufacturing department including tooling
- Financial budgeting, forecasting and planning for the operations department
- Decision support for all aspects of the department aimed at improving overall performance.
- Development and reporting of financial and other KPI’s for the department
- Adhoc work including investment analysis to support operational decisions
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 PQE within a manufacturing environment
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrable track record of success in a fast paced growing business
- Worked in an international environment
- Experience of working with a leading ERP system – EPICOR preferable
- Ability to work without supervision in a busy environment, working to tight deadlines.
- Accuracy and skills in calculating figures, strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.