Deadline: 1st October 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Logistics Controller|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Contract (1-3 Months)|
|Line Manager:||Materials Control & Logistics Manager|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 per week|
|Salary Range:||£ Dependant on experience|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Logistics Controller to join the logistics department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To coordinate and schedule transport of Engines and spares in accordance with Contractual Inco Terms – including coordination of Ex Works collections.
- Coordination point between sales and COX Warehouse
- To coordinate with external contracted freight agent for containerisation of engines.
- To ensure all exports are tracked and delivered in line with Carrier committed service times.
- To review existing aligned Commodity codes, where applicable making necessary amendments/ updates to Epicor.
- Responsible Lead contact for U.K Import clearance.
- Responsible Lead for any global remote collections from suppliers.
- To ensure all export documentation is completed in line with international trade & compliance.
- Lead for reviewing Carrier performance inclusive of any carrier scheduled meetings.
- Lead to support accounts payable for all incoming freight invoices
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven and extensive experience in global Logistics & Customs Formalities (5 years + in Air, Sea and Road).
- Background in Dangerous goods Air, Sea & Road desirable.
- Strong background in working with HMRC Trade Tariff.
- Experience in Warehouse Operations preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Proven Experience in Global RFP’s with strong background in transportation costs.
- Experience in managing 3 PL providers including performance management.
- Able to work under challenging and diversifying deadlines.
- Excellent Analytical, organisational skills.
- Strong written, communication & interpersonal skills.
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry!
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.