Deadline: 31st August 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Material Controller|
|Line Manager:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Salary:||DOE – competitive salary|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum, plus bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
2.0 RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for a Material Controller who has excellent vendor management skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting corporate deadlines, ensuring critical orders are delivered on time. The role will involve tactical purchasing and expediting to meet challenging production build schedules.
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Jointly manage a global supply chain consisting of over 60 suppliers.
- Raising of tactical purchase orders using MRP information.
- Expedite orders to ensure they are delivered on time.
- Managing engineering change impact.
- Build on existing relationships with the supplier base.
- Communicate any supply or supplier risks to the business.
- Work with suppliers to produce recovery plans when required.
- Arrange Logistics for orders requiring collection.
- Work with vendors to solve invoicing issues.
- Reduce inventory costs by analysing supplier performance and risk.
- Visit suppliers when necessary to carry out reviews and audits.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of MRP.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Reliable and flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.