Deadline: 31st August 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Quality Technician – Grade A (Entry Level)|
|Line Manager:||Production Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£10 per hour|
|Standard Working Hours:||39 hours per week, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum, plus bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Work Uniform, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded company. It has taken a clean sheet of paper approach through its five-year development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine best engineering practice with patented technologies to unlock new levels of performance and packaging.
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- The completion of checks and inspections to the highest quality standard.
- The completion of checks and inspections comfortably within takt time.
- The completion of checks and inspections, maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift.
- Diligently work towards being fully trained and competent, such that you obtain a complete knowledge of the product and PDI process.
- Evaluate non-conformances, utilising knowledge of the product and PDI process.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To maintain a clean and safe working area at all times, both for yourself and the wider team.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace, using the workwear provided.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- To promptly notify the Lead Quality Engineer of any PDI equipment defects.
- Support continuous improvement and problem resolution activities if required.
- The daily completion of TPM and 5S activities.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- Experience in a similar role a plus.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials a plus.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Experience with hand tools, lift assists and other similar equipment a plus.
- Strong reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving abilities a plus.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.