Deadline: 1st October 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Sales Planning Manager|
|Line Manager:||Head of Sales|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 per week|
|Salary Range:||£ Dependant on experience|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Sales Planning Manager to join the Sales department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 JOB FUNCTION
A key position within the company, reporting directly to the Head of Sales the primary objective of the Sales Planning Manager is to lead and evolve the planning, profiling, reporting and analysis of the company’s global wholesales sales efforts. In a busy and varied role, your analytical skills will be essential in becoming a primary interface between our Distributors around the world, and our factory in Shoreham, Sussex.
2.2 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with regional stakeholders to define short-, medium- and long-term sales planning.
- Planning seasonality and overall performance of supply Vs demand.
- Conducting regional and global market analysis to benchmark sales and help define targets.
- Identifying issues and challenges relate to sales strategy.
- Liaising across sales, marketing, finance, operations and logistics to provide regular reporting and analysis of both wholesale and retail sales.
- Defining and reporting internally on performance benchmarks.
- Creating modelling and managing forecasts and scenario planning.
- Liaising with logistics and production to enable on time delivery.
- Manage monthly S&OP meetings with key stakeholders across the business to plan overall supply vs demand.
3.1 BEHAVIOURAL STANDARDS
You will be highly numerate and will have a proven ability to operate in a fast paced environment and have exceptional attention to detail with an ability to adapt to changing situations. An ability to clearly and crisply present a variety of data will be essential as you provide strategic and planning input at a senior level. You’ll need excellent skills of negotiation and influence as you will be working with production, logistics, sales and ops teams to ensure the company delivers on its sales objectives.
4.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Automotive experience necessary
- OEM background
- Experience with ERP systems such as Epicor
- Experience with CRM systems (preferably salesforce)
- Strong understanding of B2B sales environment
- Highly numerate
- Strong data planning and analytical skills
- Marine experience
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry!
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.