Deadline: 31st August 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Strategic Procurement Lead|
|Line Manager:||Purchasing Manager|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 hours per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eye-wear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.|
We are currently recruiting a Strategic Procurement Lead to join the Procurement department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, Cox Powertrain have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, Cox has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the Purchasing Manager in all purchasing activities.
- Deputise for the Purchasing Manager when required.
- Lead supplier rationalisation activities to streamline spend.
- Advise & assist the Purchasing Team where necessary on a day-to-day basis.
- To identify new suppliers, negotiate and when necessary, place purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers.
- Ability to play a lead role in Supplier contract negotiation, implementation & management.
- Build strong relationships with the supplier base (SRM).
- Manage the Supplier selection process with support from SQA.
- Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts.
- When necessary, expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements.
- Issue out NDA’s and maintain the NDA register.
- Maintain the programme BoM’s with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings.
- Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Maintains and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community.
- Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement experience.
- CIPS qualified or part qualified preferred but not essential.
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP.
- Basic Engine/ Engineering experience required.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Manufacturing experience & awareness.
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget.
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationship internally & externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Reliable and flexible in their approach.
- List Full Current Driver’s License.
- Enthusiastic, resilient, with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Time management – able to self-organise the work content.
- Ability to travel – Mainly UK Europe.
- Experience of Epicor ERP system
WHY COX POWERTRAIN?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry!
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £120m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 150 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.